ADSM-L

Problems with Client 2.1.0.6.

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: Problems with Client 2.1.0.6.
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/6/98 9:21AM
My point in mentioning this was that it hasn't been fixed - there is a
problem there that I have not been able to get around.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    2/6/98 9:21 AM

Jerry Lawson wrote:

> ---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes
--------------------------- > From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE > Date: 2/5/98
6:28PM > To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO > *To: *ADSM-L at SNADGATE > Subject:
6:28PM > To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO > *To: *ADSM-L at SNADGATE > Subject:
Problems with V3 Client code running on V2 server. >

Don - > > I too have seen slow response using the search facility (magnifying
glass > icon) under the V3 NT client.  When I reported it, I was told it must be

something on my machine.  I am running on an Intel platform (a Thinkpad), so >
it isn't something particular to your Alpha, although mine wasn't that slow, >
but then again, it probably doesn't have anywhere near as many files as your >
machine does.   By the way, don't try to search a file space that isn't >
mounted - it won't do it - it searches the mounted file with the same letter! >

Jerry Lawson > jlawson AT thehartford DOT com > > ______________________________
Forward Header __________________________________ > Subject: Problems with V3
Client code running on V2 server. > Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE >
Date:    2/5/98 6:28 PM > >      Hi all,,,We are starting to implement some V3
clients into our >      environment.  Mainly for the support of NT on a DEC
ALpha platform. >       Our server is on an os/390 machine running 2.1 level 13.

We are >      seeing numerous problems with the V3 client, several Dr. Watson >
errors, very poor performance when bring up a directory tree on a >
restore.  Is anyone else seeing these kind of problems?  I have an >      issue
open with IBM but I thought I would ask around. >hi adsmers,

i have a performance problem after a update from AIX ADSM-Client 2.1.0.0
to 2.1.0.6. The Server has  the version 2.1.0.0.
The time for archiving  in normal. A retrieve from GUI with the  ADSM
verion 2.1.0.6  is 100 times slower as with the ADSM version 2.1.0.0.

Could You tell us about the reason for this performance problem and -
even better - how to solve it?

Thanks

Rudiger Lehmann