ADSM-L

Re: Retrieve using V3 client gui?

1998-02-08 17:05:21
Subject: Re: Retrieve using V3 client gui?
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 14:05:21 -0800
In the V3 GUI, files are now grouped together by description.  If your
going to a V2 server, you see the filespaces - opening a filespace you see
the descriptions archived in that filespace.  If you're going to a V3
server, you immediately see a list of descriptions - opening a description
you see the filespaces archived with that description.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Brett

>I archived some files and gave them a description thinking I could find
>them later by searching on the description. I can't seem to figure out how
>to do that in the V3 client gui. I know it is possible using the retrieve
>command, but it appears impossible using the gui. Please tell me I am
>wrong. Thanks.
>
>Al Cheski

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller