ADSM-L

3590-B11 on a 43P

1998-02-08 10:29:25
Subject: 3590-B11 on a 43P
From: Armando Lemos <ARMANDO.LEMOS AT DEUBA DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 10:29:25 -0500
Hi ADSMers,

Believe me or not, I am currently testing a 3590-B11 on a 43P machine, running
AIX 4.2.1.0, ADSM Server 3.1.0.2 and ADSM AIX client 3.1.0.1.

I have done very well so far, but I do not know which device drivers I should
install in order to have the ACF running in RANDOM mode ( i.e., like a
mini-3494).

As far as I rememer from 3494 installations, I have to install ATape and
another driver "Altdd" .

Question :

 1) Do I need this stuff on the 3590-B11?  Which ones?
 2) Where can I find them (ftp.storsys.ibm.com/devdrvr/aix) ?
 3) what is the steps to install the driver?

Please send our comments directly to my e-mail. I am on the digested form of
the list and I am not sure whether I would receive your replies.

Hey IBM... our comments would be very useful too :)

Thank you .

Armando
Deutsche Bank Brazil