ADSM-L

Re: Reclaim with on tape transport

1998-02-06 18:04:31
Subject: Re: Reclaim with on tape transport
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:04:31 -0500
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Donald Burdette wrote:
> Why don't you upgrade the 3570 to the two drive unit?  If I remember
> correctly, it did not cost all that much to upgrade to the two drive unit.
>
> By the way, I heard that the new 3575 tape drives have quite a bit more
> capability than the 3570. Does anyone know if you can upgrade the 3570 to
> the 3575?

The 3575 are Libraries that house 3570 drives.  Mine is a 3575-L12 with
four 3570-B1A drives in it.  As far as I know, the next planned
improvement for the 3570 drives is to double the speed.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,