ADSM-L

Re: Parameters for delete volhist

1998-02-06 13:36:35
Subject: Re: Parameters for delete volhist
From: Nancy Stevens <Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:36:35 -0500
Thanks, for your reply.  Like you, I think it would be okay to delete many
of these volumes.  But, my real question is:  What do these different
"type" parameters mean (stgnew, stgdelete, stgreuse, dbbackup)?  These are
parameters you can add to the DELETE VOLHIST command.  The Admin Ref says
that by adding "type=stgnew" to the command it "specifies to delete only
recoreds that both contain information about new sequential access storage
volumes and meet the date and time criteria you specify".  What volumes are
these?  Like I said, when I do a "query volhist", I see volumes of
type=stgnew going back to 1995.  These obviously aren't "new" anymore.  If
someone could explain this to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nancy