ADSM-L

ADSM not remembering user id and password

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: ADSM not remembering user id and password
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/5/98 1:26PM
The comments that were made about NWUSER option and the .pwd encrypted files are
both good, but there is another possibility.... Double check the id that you
gave ADSM to use as the id.  Assuming you didn't give ADSM the SUPERVISOR id to
begin with, does the id have all the correct permissions within NetWare to do
the backup.

I generally test a new setup by doing a selective backup of the Bindery.  This
doesn't impact the server - ADSM just requests the bindery to be closed and
opened, writing it to disk, and then backs up the file.  It generally doesn't
take but a minute or so, and this whole process (closing and opening) requires
supervisor rights.  This of course works with NetWare V3; We don't have any V4
servers, so I am not sure about the NDS process that would be analogous to this.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    2/5/98 1:26 PM

I am running ADSM version 2.1.12 on MVS and I have Novell
Netware clients.  On one of my Netware servers have a
backup event scheduled.  But whenever the backup event is
triggered, I get prompted to enter the Netware user for
"server".  I have 4 servers that are set up identical and
executing from the same backup schedule.  Why does this
one server keep prompting for a user id?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha,
Lester Salazar
Network Administrator