ADSM-L

Parameters for delete volhist

1998-02-04 15:09:19
Subject: Parameters for delete volhist
From: Nancy Stevens <Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 15:09:19 -0500
While following the messages about the DELETE VOLHIST command, I checked to
see what we did with this command.  I "inherited" ADSM from someone else
and there is little documentation for what was done or why it was done.
What I found is this:

delete volhist todate=today-21 type=dbbackup                      (runs
every Sunday)
delete volhist todate=today-5   type=stgdelete                        (runs
every Sunday)
(type can also be stgreuse and export)

I also found a "volume history" file with entries for "stgnew" going all
the way back to 1996.  Can anyone think of any reason why these might have
been kept?  Could my predecessor just have overlooked these?

TIA,
Nancy