ADSM-L

Re: V2 - V3 Upgrade

1998-02-04 11:29:45
Subject: Re: V2 - V3 Upgrade
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:29:45 -0800
On Wednesday, February 04, 1998 8:19 AM, Smith, Richard wrote:
> Also, I've noticed in testing that when I run the NT service or
> the WIN 95 scheduler in prompted mode the backups always miss.  They
> work fine in polling mode, however, we prefer prompted.  Does anyone
> know of an existing problem with V3??  More importantly, what about a
> fix.

Hi Richard,

I've noticed the same thing. The V3 clients for win95/winNT allow you to
turn it ON, but when I do the scheduler says it's not supported. Harrumph.
The documentation also says it's not supported under windows. Haven't
upgraded our server to V3 yet to find out if that fixes it (using V2
server, V3 clients).

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's