ADSM-L

Re: SENDING DATABASE BACKUPS OFFSITE

1998-02-04 00:31:33
Subject: Re: SENDING DATABASE BACKUPS OFFSITE
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 07:31:33 +0200
John, DB backups are controlled by the SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS value if
you use DRM.
Lacking the DRM feature you will have to use volhist info and from there
use the Q VOLHIST TYPE=DBBACKUP to look at the backup sequence sets (if u
use full and incremental DB backups) . Based on the date stamps you will
then have to track a volume to see when u can delete it and place it back
in SCRATCH status. This normally is a fixed number of days after which DB
recovery is of no use to you. In our site this is tied in with how long we
keep our stgpool volumes after ADSM has flagged it for re-use......as found
in the STGPOOL (I think that's where it is) REUSE value.

Regards

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions