ADSM-L

Re: Win95 Problem

1998-02-03 17:44:08
Subject: Re: Win95 Problem
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 16:44:08 -0600
     Hello Joe,

     Do your clients have compression on?  GIF files are big, binary, &
     don't compress well.

     -OR-

     I added the following lines to my dsm.opt to exclude this sort of
     stuff:

     exclude ?:\...\temp\...\*
     exclude ?:\..\tmp\...\*
     exclude ?:\...\cache\...\*

Subject: Win95 Problem
Author:  Joe Oliver <jnoliver AT EASTMAN DOT COM> at ~Internet
Date:    2/3/98 3:59 PM

To: XXXXXXXX--XXXXXXXX

From: Joe N. Oliver, B-284, Eastman Chemicals, Kingsport, Tn. 37662

I have several Windows 95 clients that run the scheduler in the
background. When the backup is kicked off at 1am many of these
hang. They are always processing gif files in a directory such as
D:\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\cache1\

Does anyone know if this is a known/fixable problem?

                  J. N. Oliver  X-6511