ADSM-L

Lotus Notes 4.6 on Nt 4.0

1998-02-03 17:16:31
Subject: Lotus Notes 4.6 on Nt 4.0
From: Thomas Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 17:16:31 -0500
We are implementing new Email system using Lotus Note 4.6. At this time Im
using ADSM v2.1 to backpu NSF files, etc on these Notes/NT servers. I DO NOT
have the new Notes agent yet.  I attempted to recovered a users 'mail' database
(*.NSF)
back to the original directory of /NOTES/DATA/MAIL. DSMC restore failed with a
ANS4104E ...Write access denied. (Should I make sure Im on the NT servers a a
full administrator...??)
As an option I restored the .NSF to another drive on the server that was not
Notes-owned. That worked. I then went to copy this over to /NOTES/DATA/MAIL and
that worked fine. One administrator then attempted to open the mail fine is
having no luck!!
Has anyone had to recover such a database and how??
1. How can I restore a MAIL database back to the original directory?
2. When trying to restore, does Notes have items open to where on on-line
recovery is not possible..Does notes have to be stopped??
3. Was the rights issue a fact that I may not have been logged on to the NT
server as ADMNISTRATOR??