ADSM-L

Re: Scratching backup volumes

1998-02-03 14:11:37
Subject: Re: Scratching backup volumes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:11:37 -0500
From the ADMIN GUI client, look at the "Sequential Volume History".
All your DB backup volumes are listed there.

To make the db backups go back to "scratch" status, you must run a
DELETE VOLHISTORY command.
You can do that from the GUI or from the command line.

What many people do is set up one admin schedule that triggers a db
backup on a regular basis, and set up another admin schedule to run a
DELETE VOLHISTORY regularly for everything over "n" days old.

Take a look at the DELETE VOLHISTORY command, if you have further
questions feel free to email me.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert