ADSM-L

Receiving ANS1114I messages when doing backup.

1998-02-03 11:00:46
Subject: Receiving ANS1114I messages when doing backup.
From: Donald Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:00:46 -0600
     Hi All,,,Can anyone tell me why I am getting:
     ANS1114I Waiting for mount of offline media.
      messages when doing an incremental backup of my NT Client?

     We are running ADSM 2.1 level 13 on a os/390 server.  My client is
     running NT 4.0 using ADSM version 3.  I was testing the POST/PRE
     SCHEDULECMD functions and I noticed that during the backup I
     received a few of the ANS1114I messages.  When I look at the
     storage pool assigned to this node there is plenty of disk space
     available.  Am I missing something here?  Why does ADSM need a tape
     mount for and incremental backup?

     Any help would be appreciated.
     Thanks
     Don Ludwig