ADSM-L

Restore Volume vs Restore Storage Pool

1998-01-30 16:16:03
Subject: Restore Volume vs Restore Storage Pool
From: GLENN VOELTNER <GVOELTNER AT CO.BROWARD.FL DOT US>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:16:03 -0500
Hi,

I have a destroyed tape in my primary tape pool for which I have a
backup pool.  I want to recover the data from teh destroyed tape.
Looking at both the Restore Volume command and the Restore Storage
Pool command, I can't tell which one I should use.  They both would seem
to offer the same results.  The only difference I can see is that I would
first need to mark the destroyed volume as Destroyed before doing the
Restore Storage Pool command.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks