ADSM-L

Turn off compression for single files?

1998-01-30 11:10:00
Subject: Turn off compression for single files?
From: Al Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:10:00 -0600
Hello again, we run a script each night to do exports of our Oracle dbs.
The resulting export files are archived to ADSM using dsmc archive. But,
the script compresses these files and then ADSM compresses them again
because we have compression on for the clients. The double compression
causes the files to grow. What would be helpful is an option on archive for
COMPression=NO but the only option that seems to be allowed is
compressalways which is either yes to archive a file that grows or no to
skip it, well, I don't want to skip it. Turning compression off in the
export script is not an option. Any ideas? Thanks.

Al Cheski