ADSM-L

Unattended install problems

1998-01-29 04:06:05
Subject: Unattended install problems
From: Martin Stromberg <martin.stromberg AT VD.VOLVO DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:06:05 +0100
Hi,

We're experiencing problems when perfoming a silent install of the ADSM
client 3.1 for NT 4.0 SP3. We select the following components from the ADSM
server CD to use as a backup client: BA client, Admin client, Webshell and
ODBC.
The problem seem to be that the installation still asks for a language
selection, even though we selected english when we created the response
file (setup.iss).
Is it possible to get rid of this dialog?

The symptoms when doing a silent install are that the install process hangs
with a high processor load, and the setup.log file is kept open and no
response code is written to it (this is when the dialog box is displayed).

The commands we issue are:
setup -r  -f1"c:\setup.iss"             to create the response file
setup -s -f1"c:\setup.iss"              to use the response file

It is very important for us to get this solved.

Best regards,

Martin Stromberg, Guide Integration
martin.stromberg AT guide DOT se