ADSM-L

1 client to 2 ADSM servers

1998-01-29 02:30:17
Subject: 1 client to 2 ADSM servers
From: Bjorn Sandvik <BHS AT STATOIL DOT NO>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:30:17 +0100
I don't know Backtrack, but we have several "server stanzas" in the dsm.sys
file, with one of them as default:

*
* ADSM Client System options fil
*

DEFAULTServer                   adsm1

SErvername                      adsm1
        COMMmethod              tcpip
        COMPression             no
        DIRMc                   directories
        Inclexcl                /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/adsm.include.exclude
        Passwordaccess          Generate
        SCHEDLOGname            /<Your log dir.>/dsmsched.log
        SCHEDLOGRetention       14,D
        SCHEDMODe               PRompted
        TCPBuffsize             32
        TCPNodelay              yes
        TCPServeraddress        adsm1
        TXNBytelimit            2048

SErvername                      adsm2
        COMMmethod              tcpip
        COMPression             no
        DIRMc                   directories
        Inclexcl                /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/adsm.include.exclude
        Passwordaccess          Generate
        SCHEDLOGname            /<Your log dir.>/dsmsched.log
        SCHEDLOGRetention       14,D
        SCHEDMODe               PRompted
        TCPBuffsize             32
        TCPNodelay              yes
        TCPServeraddress        adsm2
        TXNBytelimit            2048
.
.

You could then "talk" to whatever server you want, by using:

dsmc archive -server=adsm2 <filespec>         (for example)

Bjørn Harald Sandvik
Statoil