ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:02:08
Hi ADSMers,

Can anyone assist with the correct procedure for manually labeling 3570
tapes using the dsmlabel command?

The current configuration is:
ADSM NT Server Version 2 with a 3570 tape library attached (no barcode
reader installed).

We have tried:

1    Halting ADSM server;
2    Putting 3570 tape library to AUTOMATIC mode (from RANDOM mode)
3    Unloading current tape volumes from library and loading up new
tapes to be labelled
4    Using dsmlabel command with drive and libary options and
with/without search option.

This generates an error message asking for manual intervention ANR9730 -
we are unsure as to what manual intervention is required.

We have been successful in the past in bulk labelling tapes manually but
cannot recall the exact steps taken.

Any suggestions to the correct procedure for manually labeling tapes
using a 3570 tape library would be most welcome.

TIA

Stuart Creasey