ADSM-L

Re: File restore on NT4

1998-01-28 08:22:25
Subject: Re: File restore on NT4
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Betsy.Moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:22:25 -0600
A couple of things to check.

1.  If the files were deleted from the client after the backup took place but
before the restore was attempted the status will be Inactive rather than
Active.  ADSM defaults to displaying Active files only.  In the utilities
drop down menu select to show Active and Inactive files.

2.  I've run into problems with this sometimes with my mouse clicking
technique.  To display the files either click once on the "x'd" box to the
left of the directory or double-click on the directory name itself.

3.  Check to make sure the options file that the backup used is the same as
the optionis files the restore is using.  This may not have any influence in
your shop, but we direct our workstation users to individual options files
stored on a server and the installers sometimes have the service or the GUI
properties pointing to the wrong file.

4.  If the files are being backed up via the ADSM scheduler, check the
dsmsched.log file.  This has a list of the file names that were backed up.

5.  In your note you used the word "backup", but is it possible these files
were archived?  If so, you would need to select retrieve from the FILE drop
down menu rather than restore.

These are just the things we check when it "appears" that someone's files
aren't available for display.  Good luck.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 01/28/98 03:21:38 AM