ADSM-L

Re: ADSM QUERY OUTOUT FORMAT

1998-01-27 16:01:59
Subject: Re: ADSM QUERY OUTOUT FORMAT
From: Sean Garvey <sgarvey AT PHAEDO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:01:59 -0500
Hi,

Try using the tee command instead.

From the command line it would look like the following:
    dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx 'q status' | tee -a qlist

That's the best way to get any output from ADSM.  It will look just like the
screen you see.

Hope this helps.

Sean

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, John Schuch wrote:

>    The following batch command sends q status output to a
>    file named qlist.  The output format makes it very
>    difficult to read the file contents because it contains a
>    line width of about 500 characters.
>
>    dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx q status > qlist
>
>    When I issue the command interactively, and the output
>    comes back to my screen it looks fine.
>
>    Does anyone know how to force the output of the batch
>    command, which is sent to file qlist, so that it is in
>    the same format that appears when I run the command
>    interactively and the output is directed to my screen.
>
>    AIX 4.2.1.0
>    ADSM 3.1.0.1

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
o                                                                          0
0  Sean P. Garvey, President                    phone: (703) 527-6036      o
o  Phaedo Consulting, Inc.                      beeper:(800) 381-9779      0
0  www.phaedo.com                               email:  sgarvey AT phaedo DOT
com o
o                                                                          0
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o