ADSM-L

Re: Rebinding Inactive Versions - ADSM V2.1.5.12

1998-01-27 13:59:02
Subject: Re: Rebinding Inactive Versions - ADSM V2.1.5.12
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:59:02 +0200
Sue,

If the file backed has a different name everytime ADSM backup will in turn
only have active backup versions for each one of those files. Every file is
seen as a different one. That explains why your changed mgmtclass did not
cause a rebind of the inactive files. You're are not performing versioning
for these files.  If you inadvertently speak of ARCHIVING here then that
behaves correctly as rebinding only happens for backup versions.

Regards

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions