ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect and Oracle EBU

1998-01-27 09:49:11
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect and Oracle EBU
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:49:11 -0500
I can answer the part about management class:

P. 10 of the ADSMConnect Agent for Oracle Backup Installation & Use
Guide says that the default management class is used for the data base
backups unless you override the management class using an
include/exclude  file.

The file name of the include-exclude  file goes in the directory where
you installed the ADSM Connect Agent.
On our system that means:

/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob/dsm.sys looks like this:

        SErvername              ADPADSM
        COMMmethod                      TCPip
        TCPPort                         1500
        TCPServeraddress        OURADSM
        INCLEXCL                /usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob/inclexcl.lst
        NODENAME                AIXONE-EBU

/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob/inclexcl.lst contains this:

        include * MGTC_APICLIENT_EBU

mgtc-apiclinet-ebu is a management class defined with VERDELETED=0 and
RETONLY=0

If you are ALSO running the ADSM backup/archive client on the same AIX
host, I found it made much more sense to use a DIFFERENT node name for
the backup/archive client and the EBU/connect agent.  For example, if my
machine is called AIXONE, backup/archive client's dsm.sys is in the
usual place, and the backup client NODENAME is AIXONE.  My EBU/connect
agent's NODENAME is AIXONE-EBU.  It's dsm.sys file is in
/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob/ and contains the pointer to its include/exclude
list.

Hope this helps.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert