ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Installations

1998-01-26 13:10:49
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Installations
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:10:49 -0500
I have worked on a Notes enviorment using the Notes API Backup Agent.  The
machines were P100's running OS/2.  We stopped using the agent as the backups
were taking a very long time.  On a more powerful machine, the agent would
probably be better, but even with the network traffic we see now, it's still
better.

I can only speak for my own experiences, and I'm sure that with more powerful
systems you'd see better performance.  I'd highly recomend testing the agent
before rolling it out on all your machines.

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Storage Management Team
RTP, NC
T/L 444-7302
919-254-7302

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?