ADSM-L

Re: DOS Commands from Scheduled Events

1998-01-26 13:10:07
Subject: Re: DOS Commands from Scheduled Events
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:10:07 -0700
I assume you're talking about a scheduled backup or archive event.

Yes, you can define a preprocessing and post processing command in the
client options file:

preschedcommand
postschedcommand

These commands can be .bat files.

There isn't anyway I know of to run a command once the backup starts.  The
backup command will not start until the preschedcommand completes.  If you
use a .bat file that starts some process, you need to make sure and wait
until that command completes before you let the .bat file terminate.  ADSM
will only wait for the batch file to finish, not any commands that it might
have started.

Kelly