ADSM-L

Re: stopping a schedule

1998-01-23 17:55:08
Subject: Re: stopping a schedule
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:55:08 -0800
To cancel the backup:
on the servers administrative command line, issue a "q session", the
node name
of the client that is backing up should be listed with a session number.
issue "cancel session #" (replace the # with the session number)

To start where you left off (sort of)
When you resume the backup, make sure that you are doing an incremental.
The
backup will first go through the files that have already been backed up,
and
only copy those that have changed. Unless you have an unusually large
ammount of
change, this process shouldn't take too long. Once the process reaches
the point
that you canceled the backup, everything will be backed up. We have used
this
method for our first backup on each large client we have added to our
system.