ADSM-L

Re: Problem installing ADSM on WIN95

1998-01-23 13:48:01
Subject: Re: Problem installing ADSM on WIN95
From: J Holdren <jfh5 AT CAC.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:48:01 -0500
I know this is an old message but has there been any further developement
on this problem?  Is there a PMR# associated with it or better yet an
APAR number maybe even (hope against all hope) a PTF?  :-)

In the last 3 days a local admin has tried 2 different Win95 machines and
received the same error on both "_ins0432..."  It happens at the end of
setup and when he clicked the close or OK button of the pop up window he
received another poped up that said "ADSM setup complete."   I did not
know what to tell him since just 2 weeks ago I installed it on a local
WIN95 machine with no problems.

I thought of the level of win95 also and had him check... Lev. 4.00.950a
The problem with this... it is the same level as the win95 machine I
installed adsm on 2 weeks ago.

Any help much appreciated.    Thanks,  J

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Mike Dile wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:02:36 +0100 Gerhard
> Rentschler<G.Rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE> stated:
>
> >I can't install the V3.1 Win32 client on the German version of WIN95.
> >During the run of SETUP I get an error message stating that _ins0432
> >is aborted because of an illegal statement sequence. It also says the
> >problem is in KERNEL32.DLL at address 0137:bff9a3c0.
> >The software is at PTF 1.
> >Is this a known problem?
>
> No, this is not a known problem.  Can you please provide further details
> such as:
>
> 1. Level of Win95 (original Win95 or OEM service release 2)
> 2. Point of failure of the installation.  Were any dialogs displayed prior
>    the error message or did this message happen immediately when you ran
>    setup?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Dile
> ADSM Client Development
> mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com

  J. F. Holdren           (`          Unix Systems Group, Adv. Info. Tech.
  jfh5 AT psu DOT edu        PENN_)TATE      Center for Academic Computing
  (814) 865-2964                      University Park, PA  16802