ADSM-L

Re: Restoring

1998-01-22 16:47:20
Subject: Re: Restoring
From: Randall Eggert <RANDYE AT MAPCOINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:47:20 -0500
Pat,
Give the user instructions on the "RESTORE" command with the "INACTIVE=YES"
option set and allow them to "-PICK".  Mebbe next time they won't wait 2
weeks.  (We hope).

Actually, I tried the following command out (if you user is GUI, adjust
accordingly), and it may work for your user;

     DSMC RESTORE -INA=YES -PICK -TODATE=12/31/1997 "/home/users/*"

The "todate" option did not show any backups taken after the date
specified.

Good luck
Randall Eggert
MAPCO, Inc.
Tulsa, OK

Pat_Mills AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM on 01/22/98 03:16:56 PM