ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Can anybody help me please?

I am running ADSM V3.1 on NT 4.0 and I have the following problem:-

ADSM was running in roll-forward mode with mirrored log volumes.  To simulate a
disk crash, I deleted the ADSM database and log volumes on one disk leaving the
mirrored log volumes on the other disk.  The volume history, device config. and
dsmserv.opt files are all intact.

I used the "dsmserv format" command to create the database and recovery log
volumes of the same size as the originals.

The problem is this; I can easily perform a point in time restore by recreating
the database from the backup copy I have on tape.  However, I cannot restore up
to the point of failure even though I have the mirrored log volumes intact.
Whenever I issue a "dsmserv restore db" command, I get back an error message
saying that the log mode wan not previously set to roll forward.

I have tried copying the mirrored log volumes to the original location and have
also tried editing the dsmserv.dsk file to point to the mirrored log volumes
but all to no avail...

So can anybody please tell me how I can recover my database to the point of
failure with my (intact) mirrored log volumes???

Regards

Phil