ADSM-L

Huge Drive Only a few files to backup

1998-01-21 16:46:07
Subject: Huge Drive Only a few files to backup
From: Jim Healy <Jhealy AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:46:07 -0500
Hello fellow ADSMers,
                    I have a question I really could use some help with.
I have a rather large drive on an os/2 client.(30 gb drive). The drive
has about 300,000 file on it but I only want to backup 2  of the files
and they are rather large (over a gb each). I point the domain statement
to backup the drive (e:) and then add include statements for the two
files I want to backup and an exclude statement for the rest of the
drive. Adsm still scans the entire drive whenever I run an incremental
backup of the client and takes about 4-5 hours to process but the actual
data transmission only takes about 45 minutes.
Is there any way to have it only process these two files and not search
the rest of the directory structure?