ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP Problems

1998-01-21 09:20:51
Subject: Re: TCP/IP Problems
From: Jim Kleberg <jrkleberg AT STATESTREET DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:20:51 -0500
     I think that we just received this maintenance to fix the problem that
     you mention.  Do you know what PTF(s) are involved?

     Jim Kleberg
     State Street

Subject: TCP/IP Problems
Author:  Virginia.L.Hysock (Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM)
Date:    1/20/98 5:34 PM

Hey, everyone,

     Our TCPIP folks here installed some maintenance last Thursday, 1/15.
On Saturday,
1/17 we had a scheduled shop shutdown, at which time ADSM was recycled.
Ever since
that time we have experienced major problems with scheduled backups
failing, as well
as batch production jobs that initiate a TSO client session with the
server.  What's wierd is
that not all backups fail, and not all production jobs fail.  Only those
jobs that initiate more
than one session fail (always when the second session is initiated); and I
have yet to figure
out a common thread for the client backups failing; they are not all of the
same platform,
however.

     Has anyone had a similar problem RECENTLY?  We are running TCPIP 3.2
at
9407+, MVS server 2.1 and most of the clients failing so far are NT 4.0 and
UNIX, some
NetWare.  I am not a TCPIP person, but I understand that the maintenance
applied was
very recently issued and was supposed to alleviate problems with CCB (?)
buffer space.

     I know it's not much to go on - but it's all I got so far!

                              Ginny