ADSM-L

Recovery Log

1998-01-19 05:28:46
Subject: Recovery Log
From: "Ole Wiese at Driftsfundament (Tel 7196)" <WIESE AT UNIBANK.DK400 DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:28:46 +0100
Hi ADSMers

We have some problems with the Recovery Log. It's growing and growing. When
we do a daily Full Database backup, the Recovery Log should empty, but it
don't. The only way to empty the Log is by taking ADSM down.

We have 6 Gb Database and nearly 4 Gb Recovery Log in RollForwardMode.

Databasebackuptrigger is set to 80%, and it goes on forever doing
Incremetals and Full databasebackups, because %util. remain over 80%.

I'm on Release 2 and running on MVS.

Ole Wiese
Unibank
E-mail: WIESE AT UNIBANK.DK400 DOT DK