ADSM-L

Re: MS SQL Server files on NT not backed up

1998-01-17 19:56:33
Subject: Re: MS SQL Server files on NT not backed up
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:56:33 -0600
Nancy,

 You will need to make special arrangements to backup these SQL databases.
In our shop we use SQL manager to schedule backups to files on the same
server.  The advantages of this method is that the recovery of a DB from
these local files is very fast and that ADSM can backup these local SQL
backup files.  The disadvantage s are  that you require more local hard
drive space and must validate the success of the SQL backup.

The other option is to use ADSM's ConnectAgent for Microsoft SQL server.
This will allow ADSM to do online backups of these databases.  You can find
info on the connect agents at ADSM's home page
"http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm/adsmhome.htm";

Good luck,
  Dan T.