ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - AIX - 3494 Library

1998-01-18 13:48:40
Subject: Re: ADSM - AIX - 3494 Library
From: Bill Mansfield <unixpro AT INTERACCESS DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 12:48:40 -0600
We have a 10 frame 3494 library.  We share ADSM functions with other MFish
tape functions.  We currently have two ADSM environments in the ATL:
o   An MVS V2 server with three 3590 tape drives, 60 going on 300 Magstar
tapes (gotta
wait until the old 3490E tapes are cleared out) used for miscellaneous file
backups;
o   An AIX V3 server with five 3590 tape drives, 300 Magstar tapes used for
large Oracle
database backups.
We have occasional problems with VCR loss; tapes being lost to ADSM and
ejected
from the library on the AIX side; and some MVS performance problems due to V2
server.  Doing hardware compression, we've seen storage capacity from 15GB to
81GB (!).  Any questions, let me
know.

Bill Mansfield