ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP questions

1998-01-16 15:34:13
Subject: Re: TCP/IP questions
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:34:13 -0500
Nancy,

     In both scheduling modes (client-polled and server-prompted), the
client first contacts
the server for a schedule.  It is at that time that the server obtains the
client's ip address.  In
client-polling, the client queries the server at set times to see if there
is a scheduled operation;
when the time comes, the client performs the operation and sends the
results to the server.

     In server-prompted, the client registers its address with the server
when the scheduler
is started, then the server contacts the client to begin the operation.

                         Ginny

Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM
01/16/98 12:34 PM