ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-01-15 10:28:22
From: Ann Courchaine <acourcha AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:28:22 -0500
Hi all,
     I am still a new user and would like to inquire about basic concepts.
Any help is gratefully appreciated. So far I have setup to backup directly
to 3570 tape with the selective command and restored a couple of datasets
sucessfully. My current configuration is 10  AIC RS/6000 machines, one of
which is the server and theother 9 are clients but our plans intend to
implement windows and NT clients.
     The way I understand the documentation it is best to:
     archive once and then run incrementals: do I issue this as a command
or schedule?
     use scheduler to automatically invoke the incrementals, preferably
once a day

     I have no idea how to obtain timely reports. I have utilized the q
content query libv q backup q archive etc but is there any concise all
inclusive report? Is there a way to warn that your tape library will soon
run out of space, for example

     Thanks, Ann Courchaine
     Year 2000 National Practice, CSC Consulting