ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Connect Agent on NT

1998-01-14 16:20:39
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Connect Agent on NT
From: Cindy Jiang <cjiang AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:20:39 -0500
There are two ways to schedule Lotus Notes Connect Agent on NT:

1. If you are to schedule databases backup on an online Lotus Notes server,
   use the Lotus Notes scheduler.

2. If you are to schedule databases backup on an offline Lotus Notes server
   or on a Lotus Notes client workstation, use the ADSM backup/archive client.

Below are instructions on how to schedule databases backup in each case.

 1. By using the Lotus Notes scheduler on an online Lotus Notes server:
 On your Lotus Notes server workstation, open the server's names.nsf database.
 On the navigation panel, select Server/Programs/Add Program.  A blank Program
 document will be opened up.  Fill in the required information.  For example,
 to incrementally backup all databases in the server's data directory each day
 at 12:00am, set up the following parameters:

 program name:       dsmnotes.exe
 Command line:       incr * -adsmpw=mypw
 Server to run on:   <your server name>
 Comments:           <your comments>
 Enabled/Disabled:   ENABLED
 Run at times:       12:00AM each day
 Days of week:       Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat

 Save the Program document.

 For more information on setting up the Program document in the names.nsf
 database, refer to your Lotus Notes Admin books.

 2. By using the ADSM backup/archive client:
 Prereq: A node id for the backup/archive client
         A node id for the ADSMConnect agent
         Admin access to the ADSM server

 The easiest way to set up the scheduler is by using the ADSM admin GUI.