ADSM-L

DB Backups across volumes

1998-01-14 13:07:42
Subject: DB Backups across volumes
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:07:42 -0500
This is a touugh one.  I am working with an IBM 3995 optical library, where
each cartridge holds 2.5GB of data.  I do a full database backup daily.  The
database grows daily, and will continue to do so for some time.  It will soon
be larger than 2.5GB, which is when my problem really will start.  Does anyone
out there know how to direct the database backup to multiple volumes?

I am running 2.1.13 on AIX 4.21.  The 3995 is SCSI attached.  The current
database command looks like this:

backup db type=full devc=optical vol=opt101 scratch=no

Any ideas would be welcome!

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Storage Management Team
RTP, NC
T/L 444-7302
919-254-7302

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?