ADSM-L

Re: DBBackuptrigger

1998-01-14 09:06:54
Subject: Re: DBBackuptrigger
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:06:54 -0600
I've found  that keeping the log in ROLLFORWARD mode is best with the
backup trigger set to 80%  --- this way, should the log receive a great
deal of hits during any 12 hour period, the trigger will start a backup of
the log to tape. But I also have ADSM set to create full backups of the
database twice daily (that 12 hour period referenced in the previous
sentence), so the chances of it ever reaching the 80% mark are possible,
but not likely (learned the hard way on that one)....

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO

Gail Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM> on 01/12/98 03:49:52 PM