ADSM-L

To Collocate or Not to Collocate?

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: To Collocate or Not to Collocate?
From: Mark Linehan[SMTP:markl AT NSMC.PARTNERS DOT ORG]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Big question, I finally got reclamation working on our system. It's
amazing
how many tapes change from full to filling when you change reclamation
from
60 to 30! Well, now that this is behind me, the next question I would
like
to throw out is "How usefull is collocation?" Should I enable it? Will
it
save me that much time on retores? How much longer will it take to
perform
backups with collocation enabled?? I have to A S S U M E it is going
take a long time for collocation to first take place when it is
enabled.

Mark