ADSM-L

ADSM - Remote Tape Drives?

1998-01-06 15:03:27
Subject: ADSM - Remote Tape Drives?
From: Gail Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:03:27 -0800
At our company we are implementing ADSM throughout the USA.  We are finding
that bandwidths are not sufficient in some locations.  My boss has asked if
there is a way to install a remote tape drive (a small 9714 or something
similar 2 drive Magstar, etc) at the remote site -- take the tape to that
site and then issue the restore so that we don't have to go over the network
-- Hope I'm clear on this --
Anyone doing this or know if it can be done?
Anyone doing this or know if it can be done?

Thanks, Gail