ADSM-L

Upgrading from Version 2 to Version 3

1998-01-06 14:46:54
Subject: Upgrading from Version 2 to Version 3
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:46:54 EST
I am looking for some help installing version 3.1 over a version 2.12 server
(AIX).

The install manual and readme files for V3 are somewhat unclear! To upgrade can
I just install from the CD, or must I first delete the version 2 software as
the manual seems to indicate?

If I delete the V2 software the manual says the entire /usr/lpp/adsmserv
directory will be deleted. If that is true will V3 still be able to find the V2
database or must I somehow define it before I issue the UPGRADEDB command?

Can someone who has done this upgrade tell me what I need to do exactly? I
would really appreciate it!!

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-3000 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083