ADSM-L

Re[2]: ADSM mirroring vs. AIX mirroring

1998-01-06 10:56:00
Subject: Re[2]: ADSM mirroring vs. AIX mirroring
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 10:56:00 -0500
Just for the record, IBM doesn't unconditionally recommend database
mirroring (aka "The old scare tactics").  In the admin guide the section on
"roll-forward recovery" states 'roll-forward recovery is an alternative to
database mirroring'.  If you go this way you should mirror the log.  This
is the way I run my server and I am saving 28 gig of 3390-3 disks.

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.