ADSM-L

Re: To Collocate or Not to Collocate?

1998-01-05 09:00:06
Subject: Re: To Collocate or Not to Collocate?
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:00:06 -0500
My opinion is that collocation is good ONLY if you expect to do a LOT of
restores and then ONLY if you don't have a robotic silo and the tape
handlers are slow.  I prefer to be optimistic (and history proves me out
here, anyhow).  We run much more efficiently on a daily basis by NOT
using collocation and we rarely (crossed fingers) have a need to fully
restore a client.