ADSM-L

Stupid Include/Exclude file question.

2015-10-04 18:03:07
Subject: Stupid Include/Exclude file question.
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 12/30/97 3:13PM
According to the Version 2 "Installing the clients" manual - page 147,
comments have to be on a separate line - use a * in column 1. I read this to
mean that comments can be interlaced between Include/Exclude statements as
needed, but cannot be included on the card - probably due to confusion with
options that may or may not be coded.  Since there are many possibilities of
wild card characters (*, \..., etc.) I guess setting the rules this way
eliminates a lot of potential confusion.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    12/30/97 3:13 PM

Can you put comments in an include/exclude file?  If so, how?

I've never used them, and I didn't find the answer in the manuals.

Thanks in advance.

David Wilshire, Systems Administrator
LensCrafters, Inc.
dwilshir AT lenscrafters DOT com