ADSM-L

RECLAMATION

1997-12-29 12:12:00
Subject: RECLAMATION
From: Mark Linehan <markl AT NSMC.PARTNERS DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 12:12:00 -0500
Okay, I set the reclamation threshhold to 30 and it immediately decided it
wanted to reclaim volume SLTJS1. It began to reclaim data using volume
SLTGS2, which was filled. When SLTGS2 became filled, the reclamation
porcess bombed out rather than moving to another tape. We have TWO tapes
which are not FULL. We have NO tapes which are scratch volumes. Adstar now
seems determined on finding a scratch volume to continue reclamation, but
we have none. Is there a setting to allow reclamation to occur using
NON-SCRATCH volumes, or am I overlooking something else???

Mark Linehan
Information Services
The North Shore Medical Center
markl AT nsmc.partners DOT org