ADSM-L

Typical ADSM Server Config on UNIX?

1997-12-24 08:59:06
Subject: Typical ADSM Server Config on UNIX?
From: "McGrew, Perry" <pmcgrew AT AGWAY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 08:59:06 -0500
I'm reposting as the listserv replied there was an error.....

We have ADSM/MVS V3 installed and trying to backup over dedicated ATM
backbone.  It appears that our throughput is being limited by OSA-2 card

on the mainframe and the fact it supports only LANE.  If I were to
"rehost" the ADSM server to an AIX or HP machine, what would be a good
configuration?  Which component is "key" to maximum performance (ie CPU,

memory, disk etc)?  Any "rules-of-thumb" to follow?
Thanks
Perry McGrew
Agway Inc.