ADSM-L

Migration throughput

1997-12-18 10:55:38
Subject: Migration throughput
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:55:38 -0600
_

        I just kick off a migration on my newly configured server,
        and I am only seeing 0.4MB/sec per 3590 drive!?  I know
        these drives are capable of 9MB/sec from my SSA pools.
        I am collocating, but let's be real.

        Question is, what tuning parameters effect the migration
        from disk to tape?  (I know I need the tuning class)

        SERVER: ADSM ver 3.1
        CPU:    R50 .5 GB RAM 2-way procs
        DISK    300 GB SSA

 Q OPT gives:

Server Option         Option Setting           Server Option         Option
Setting
-----------------     --------------------     -----------------
--------------------
CommTimeOut           15                       IdleTimeOut           15
CommTimeOut           15                       IdleTimeOut           15
BufPoolSize           2048                     LogPoolSize           512
DateFormat            1 (mm/dd/yyyy)           TimeFormat            1
(hh:mm:ss)
NumberFormat          1 (1,000.00)             MessageFormat         1
Language              AMENG                    MaxSessions           25
ExpInterval           24                       ExpQuiet              No
MirrorRead DB         Normal                   MirrorRead LOG        Normal
MirrorWrite DB        Sequential               MirrorWrite LOG       Parallel
TxnGroupMax           40                       MoveBatchSize         40
MoveSizeThresh        500                      StatusMsgCnt          10
RestoreInterval       1,440                    UseLargeBuffers       Yes
TCPPort               1500                     HTTPPort              1580
TCPWindowsize         32768                    TCPBufsize            16384
TCPNoDelay            Yes                      IPXSocket             8522
NetbiosBufferSize     16384                    NetbiosSessions       25
LuName                DSMSERV1                 TPNProfilename
TPNAME                dsmserv                  IPXBufferSize         4096
CommMethod            TCPIP                    CommMethod            HTTP
MsgInterval           1                        Enable3590Library     Yes
ShmPort               1510                     FileExit
UserExit                                       AcsAccessId
AcsTimeoutX           1                        SNMPSubagentPort      1521
SNMPSubagentHost      127.0.0.1                SNMPHeartBeatInt      5
TECHost                                        TECPort               0

--
Benjamin Kokenge
Benjamin Kokenge