ADSM-L

Copy Backup process timing out

1997-12-14 04:16:12
Subject: Copy Backup process timing out
From: Kenneth Bradberry <bradberk AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:16:12 -0500
     All of a sudden I am having problems with my backups of primary
     storage pools to copy storage pools that use 8mm tape libraries.  The
     drives will just time out.  I can use ATAPE utilities and move tapes
     around and write to the tape drives with a tar command.  Once I
     attempt to do a ba stg command, the whole process just sits there
     waiting for a scratch tape until it times out.  My checkin's work just
     fine and I have plenty of scratch tapes.  Any ideas out there as to
     what my problem might be?