ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:03:06
We are running ADSM V3.1.0.1 (client and server)  on Windows NT V4 servers.

I have a couple of queries regarding the scheduler service:-

Firstly, I can not get the scheduler service to work when it is run under a
service account (i.e. NOT the System Account).  Although I give this account
full administrative rights it fails to back up every SINGLE file (although it
does back up the registry!).  The errors in the dsmerror.log file (for each
file) are:-

ANS1228E Sending of object '<<filename>>' failed
ANS1087E Access to the specified file or directory is denied
ANS4007E Error processing '<<filename>>' : access to the object is denied
TRANSWin32RC( ): Win32 RC 1314 from NTSecurityRead( ): getSecurityDescriptor( )
for SACL SD

More curiously however is if I schedule a command to run on the client (as
opposed to a normal incremental backup) then it all seems to work quite happily.

Secondly, scheduling a command on the client does NOT produce error message
entries in the NT event application logs but scheduling a normal incremental
backup does.

Has anybody else come across either of these anomalies and particularly in the
first case, has anybody got the service account to work with the scheduler
(maybe I am missing some privileges, rights etc.)?

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell       phil.chissell AT research.natpower.co DOT uk

This represents the view of the author alone and is not to be
considered as the position of National Power PLC