ADSM-L

Re: Novell 3.1.1 Client Hangs

1997-12-03 15:32:12
Subject: Re: Novell 3.1.1 Client Hangs
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:32:12 -0500
Do you have the 311PTE (or other 311PTx) patch installed? If so, then this is
most assuredly the problem. 311PTx has been known to cause this problem,
particularly the NCP*.NLM modules that come with that patch (I think there are
four of them). To test this out, try unloading the NCP*.NLM modules, then try
using ADSM and see if that makes any difference. Note that I don't know the
ramifications of running the 311PTx patch without the NCP*.NLM modules; you
should consult with Novell about this.

If indeed the problem appears to be 311PTx, you should contact Novell (maybe
check their website first) about a fix. I opened incident #1370955 earlier this
year, and they were able to reproduce the problem with their SBACKUP utility.
They built a test fix called ncpec.exe that resolved the problem. By now they
may have a more permanent fix. If you call and they don't know what you are
talking about, refer them to my incident number above.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        12-03-97 06:35 PM